The training consists of three training levels – one level for each year of the training. Each training level consists of two 6-day modules, providing 12 days of classroom attendance per level and 36 days for the whole training.
Payments for the tuition fees are spread over three years and are made for each training level. The tuition fee for each level includes:
- Two modules (comprising 6 days each) of training with a SETI approved faculty member from either Europe or the USA.
- An assistant team with a ratio of 1 assistant for every 3-4 participants.
- A Senior Assistant from either USA or Europe.
- At least 5 Approved Provider Assistants from either USA, Europe or Australia to facilitate small group practice sessions and to offer personal and individual case consult sessions.
- A further 4-6 General Assistants from Australia to facilitate small group practice.
- A comprehensive manual detailing all information presented in each module.
- A reading list for topics covered in the module for further in depth reading.
- Morning and afternoon tea with gluten free snack options.
The cost of the Somatic Experiencing Professional Training depends upon the payment option selected and whether a payment plan is requested for the option chosen.
- Standard payment is due 30 days in advance of the commencement date of each training level.
- Early bird payment is generally due at least 120 days in advance of the commencement date of each training level.
Details of a typical payment plan can be found under How To Pay. Flexible payment plans may be arranged where the monthly or fortnightly instalments are spread across the full three year training.
The tuition fees are GST inclusive and are given in Australian dollars.
The tuition fees listed are for the SE Professional trainings that commence in 2015 and 2016.
The tuition fees are priced by training LEVEL. The fee for each level covers the cost for both of the two 6 day modules that comprise each training level.
(2 modules inc per level)
Tuition Fee Discount For Groups
A 5% discount is offered to groups of 5 or more participants when ALL of the following requirements are met:
- The group works for the same public or private organisation.
- The payment must be submitted on one cheque or bank transfer, which matches the company or agency name.
- A copy of the company’s certificate of registration or business licence must be submitted with the application.
- Earlybird Payment in full must be received at least 100 days prior to the start of each training level or standard payment in full must be received at least 60 days prior to the start of each training level.
- The entire group must continue through the training for the specific discount to be honoured at each level.
** Discounts apply only to the tuition fees – discounts do not apply for the provision of personal sessions and case consultations.
Additional Costs For SEP Certification
To meet the certification requirements to become a Somatic Experiencing Practitioner, participants are required to obtain 12 credits of personal sessions and 18 credits of supervision (case consultation), of which at least 4 credits must be as individual case consultations.
If you would like to take the training but are not interested in certification then the case consultations are not mandatory.
The cost of personal sessions and case consults is the responsibility of the participant based on private agreement between the participant and the session provider. The cost is not included in the tuition fee.
The SETI approved providers who are attending the SE Australia training as assistants have agreed to provide sessions to participants at the following *designated rates for all sessions counting towards the minimum requirements for SEP certification and which are formally recorded on a Session Log.
Different rates may apply for sessions and individual case consults which are received from SETI approved providers who are not part of the SE Australia training team.
- Personal sessions are AU$120 with a SETI approved provider who is qualified to offer personal sessions whilst present at the training. Fees are by arrangement with a SE Trauma Institute™ faculty member.
- Individual supervision sessions are AU$120 with a SETI approved provider who is qualified to offer supervision whilst present at the training. Fees are by arrangement with a SE Trauma Institute™ faculty member.
- Large Group Case Consultations conducted by a SE Trauma Institute™ faculty member have a cost range of AU$50 – AU$75 per person for a 3 hour session, depending upon the size of the group.
* The session rates quoted are based on current 2015 rates. These may alter in 2016.
back to top